Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Latest Project



I wonder if the folks at Audi knew they made a pickup truck.

Remember those strange looking things that I posted pictures of last week? Well, I filled them with concrete last Thursday.

Yesterday, I took the forms off to see the results of my handiwork. I've still got a bit of patching and grinding to do, and a lot of polishing, but I think my plan for a concrete table to complement my concrete countertops might actually work. See those aluminum tubes in the background of the picture on the right? No they're not for uranium-enrichment centrifuges. They will be bolted to the base (in the upper right hand corner of the same picture) and will support the tabletop in the foreground.
If it doesn't work, I'll always think it should have.

No comments: