Thursday, November 5, 2009

Israel continued

We've spent nights in Jaffa, Masada, Tiberius, Metula, and Nazareth. Tonight, we're back in Jaffa and will be heading to Jerusalem tomorrow. Here are a few first impressions:
- Israel isn't cheap. If you come here, expect to pay US-type prices
- Swarmas (sp?) are great street food! They're gyros with French bread or pita bread. I love them!
- Israel has been a friendly place. It's interesting to me that the friendliest so far are Arab Christians. I'm surprised there are so many of them.
- Israeli drivers tailgare only slightly less than Greeks.
- I didn't realize you can ski in Israel. We were at the slopes and saw the lifts!
- Israeli sunflower seeds are amazing! Spitz better look out. They have competition!
- It takes some getting used to seeing Israeli soldiers in coffee shops and malls with their guns casually slung over their shoulders.
- I didn't know that Israel grows huge amounts of bananas!

We'll spend a few days in Jerusalem and do some excursions to the Palestinian areas. Later next week, we'll probably go to Jordan for a few days.

One of these days, I'll try and do a post with photos, but so far, I'm too lazy. A good long post might have to wait till I get back

No comments: