Sunday, July 15, 2007

It was tough duty

I was planning on updating the blog from Friday Harbor, but I was too busy having fun to spend much quality time sitting in front of the computer. I arrived on Thursday afternoon after a non-eventful and very pleasant ride up from Seattle. It was the first real outing WaveGuide had had in a long time, and she appreciated stretching her legs after a long time in the Seattle area. Bonnie was up there with DragonFly with Pam along for a visit. On Thursday we stayed around Friday Harbor, had a pleasant dinner, and then played some cards. After a few rounds of poker, I taught them both how to play 99 (also known to some as Bugger Your Neighbor). It's a fun way to get rid of all that change clanging around in your pocket.

The next day we went to Roche Harbor and had a fine day on the water. Pam left on the ferry that evening. Bonnie's friend Jean came on the ferry the next day, and we took off to Deer Harbor and then to Rosario where we picked up Megan (my Himalayan travel-mate), and her friend Jane. We putted around Orcas and East Sound for a while before dropping Megan and Jane off again. There was a definite shortage of testosterone in the mix, but I did my best to hold up the male end of the bargain. It was tough duty, but someone had to do it:-)

Here's Bonnie and Pam at Roche Harbor.


This is the view of Mount Baker on the way back from Rosario.

I had a great time there and was tempted to stay another day, but decided I had too much to do before leaving for Vancouver on Wednesday.

Oh, and due to popular demand (OK, I only had one request), blogging the Bible will soon return in full force.



1 comment:

rita said...

I must admit Walter that I like hearing more about your adventures and seeing your pics rather than the bible thumping news...guess I got way too much of that growing up in a catholic rearing household....