Thursday, September 6, 2007

Vancouver, BC

We're having such a good time here that what started out as one night in Vancouver has turned into three. Tomorrow, we'll be leaving for Victoria, and then on to Friday Harbor the following day. We should be back in Seattle on Sunday or Monday at the latest. This has been an amazing trip. What started off as a few day excursion to Vancouver and Princess Louisa Inlet has turned into an almost month long adventure.

We're staying at the Quayside Marina in False Creek, near the heart of downtown Vancouver. Bonnie has fallen in love with the Granville Island Market, just a short water taxi ride away. In fact she is there as I write this update in a coffee shop not too far away. The market has a fabulous selection of fresh seafood, meat, produce of all kinds, deli meats and cheeses, and baked goods. Needless to say, we're eating really well. Tonight we're having New York steak, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes.

I still haven't really caught up on what's going on in the world, but somehow I don't think the world cares. Maybe I'll get back into my political junkie mode when I get back to Seattle, but I kinda doubt it. I'm having too much fun doing what I'm doing.

1 comment:

JOE GRANDE said...

Good to hear from you Walter! Glad everything is going so well. We all look forward to seeing you both upon your return to Seattle. While you may be wasted, maybe we'll see you at the club (SSYC) meeting Monday night.
Best regards, Joe G