Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

We celebrated my birthday yesterday by having a wiener roast on the beach at Golden Gardens. It was a gorgeous day, in the low 80's and without a cloud in the sky. Folks brought some salads to go along with the hot dogs, and later we had smores for dessert. A good time was had by all.



Here are a few of the well-wishers.





And a few more.














Megan and Caroline joined in after their Irish step dancing class. Yes, you read that right. An Irish step-dancing class. I'm sure their genetic link to The Mennonite Rhythm Section helps them keep up.









Here I am with my two Megans. And yes, Megan (the younger) is standing on a curb. She hasn't grown, and I haven't shrunk in my old age.

Thanks to everyone for coming, and thanks to Megan for making it all happen!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy bday uncle Wal! Party looked perfect & mmm, smores. Love that Meg & Caroline are taking irish step dancing...where did that come from? Holla- I was thinking of salsa. But then there are those mennonite genes