Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Price of Gas

I set a new record today, paying $81.45 to fill up my tank. I guess all you Canadians out there, especially those driving Suburbans and pickups are scoffing at that kind of fuel bill, but it's a bit of a shock to me to think that a $100 tank isn't too far off in the future. But wait until I fill my boat! With a 300 gallon tank and diesel over $5/gallon, $1000 won't cover it! And gas isn't the only thing getting outta sight. I buy New York strip steaks at Costco on a semi-regular basis. Six months ago, they cost about $6/lb. The last time I was Costco a few days ago, they were up to $10! I wonder what's happened to the price of bologna. There could be more of it in my future.









I took Farley back to the groomer today and had his head touched up. He looks a lot better. He does indeed have eyes!

No comments: