Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Frelard RV's





Something I've noticed over the last few months in the Frelard area (the quasi-industrial area between Fremont and Ballard) is all the RV's and trailers parked on the streets. I drive through this area all the time on the way to the Olympic Athletic Club or to my boat or to the Fred Meyer. I've come to the conclusion that these RV's are not owned by tourists who've stopped by to shop at Freddies. They're homeless.

I don't know if the City of Seattle has given these guys a bit of a pass for overnight parking or exactly what the deal is, but it's a bit tragic that these folks are reduced to living on the street. I guess that in the strata of homeless society, these guys are at the top of the heap. They're in better shape than those who are sleeping in the bushes along the Ship Canal. At least they have a roof over their heads.

No comments: