Monday, June 30, 2008

Farley's First Haircut

Here's the last photo taken of Farley before his first haircut. Caroline, Tricia, Farley and I took my boat to Edmonds for lunch in honor of Caroline's (and Tricia's) birthday. Caroline and Tricia have been friends for years, but I never realized they shared the same birthday. Farley's turning into a pretty good boat dog. He doesn't seem to be stressed at all on the boat.








Here's Farley after getting his first haircut today. I told the groomer to leave a beard, mustache, and eyebrows. She did that, but got a bit carried away and ended up only trimming his head and face. Even though Farley doesn't seem to mind, for my taste, she left too much facial hair, making his head seem to big for the rest of his body. Maybe I'll take him back tomorrow and have a bit more trimmed off. Or maybe I'll take my beard trimmer to him and see if I can trim some off myself.

Farley's skinnier than I thought. With all his hair cut, he's almost on the scrawny side. Maybe I'll have to start feeding him some more. I also thought that his color might lighten up a bit with a haircut, but he's still basic black. That's OK. In spite of his somewhat odd haircut, I still think he's a fine dog.

No comments: