Sunday, March 29, 2009

First me, now my boat is a star


First I appeared in the Left 5 Dead shoot, and now my boat will appear in the fall catalog for a well-known line of boating shoes and apparel. The cast of thousands (well at least dozens) gathered in the March cold and gloom in Port Madison for a photo shoot. Apparently the advertising agency picked my boat out of the crowd at the Elliot Bay Marina, and offered to pay me $1000 for the use of the boat for a day. Well, how could I refuse such an offer?
I arrived in Port Madison at the appointed time, and then proceeded to wait for almost three hours for the shoot to begin. You know how those artistic types can be. In any case, it gave me a chance to have a few rounds of rummy with Megan the Younger (my deck hand for the day) and a decent nap. At about 4PM, the crew, all from New York arrived with a motorhome, two equipment vans, and a couple of SUV's. They took a bunch of shots at the dock with people getting in and out of the boat, and then we went out and took some high speed shots, both from on my boat and from a chase boat. I haven't seen any of those shots, but I hope to. There should be some good ones.
Everyone was off the dock by 6:15 to catch a flight back to New York, and I headed back to my more mundane existence in Seattle.

No comments: