Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Hate Seattle!

Yesterday I drove the 800 miles back from Edmonton. I left dark and early (well actually, bright and early because the sun was up when I hit the road at 5:30), the roads were good; the weather was great; I had a thermos of coffee and a pound of Spitz, and all was well. I flew through Jasper and Kamloops, the Coquihalla, and Hope. I hit the Aldergrove border with no lineups. In fact the border guy even had to wait while I dug out my passport. I went through Bellingham and hit I5, well on my way to setting a new record time. It took under 12 hours to drive the 780 miles to the junction of I5 and I405, and then everything STOPPED.

It took over an hour to go the last 20 miles!

While I was gone, I had my hardwood floors refinished, and the guys did a great job! The only thing is that everything is covered in a very thick layer of very fine dust. Once I dig myself out of the mess, I'll do a post on Tom and Devin's happy nuptials and the rest of my trip.

No comments: