Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby, it's hot outside!

When I first moved to Seattle twelve years ago, one of the lines I heard about Seattle weather was that it had never been 100, and it had never been zero. Well, one of those records may well fall today, with a forecast high of 100! (That's about 38C to my Fahrenheit-challenged northern brethren) And all this without AC! We are indeed a hardy lot.

Megan came over for a while early yesterday evening, and it was too hot to hang around inside or to do anything outside, so I called my neighborhood pub, Dad Watson's, to check if they had AC. They did indeed, so we wandered down the alley to enjoy burgers and beer in relative comfort. Hal's mom Joan had just arrived from LA to celebrate her 80th with her baby boy, so we brought them along. A good time was had by all. Happy Birthday Joan!

No comments: