Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Apologies

The last time I posted a picture taken here on my counter top, it was a photo of the first athletic trophy I'd ever won. Alas, as of yesterday, the trophy resides in the hands of another:-(

Today, I'm posting something that I'm not quite sure how to take. This is a Chia-Obama. My irreverent (where did she get that characteristic from?) daughter Megan gave this to me for Father's Day. Soon Obama will be sprouting a green afro. Is this funny? Is this disrespectful? Is this racist? I myself am not quite sure what to make of it. I will say that I am very disappointed with Obama on his policies on everything from healthcare to Wall Street to Guantanamo. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but I'm getting that sinking feeling that my heart, and the hearts of millions of people who voted for change, will be broken.

My apologies to you, my loyal readers (all six of you), for not posting as much as usual lately. I've been busy! In fact I wouldn't have believed it possible to be as busy as I've been without having a job to contend with. In the last few weeks I've gone to Tom's wedding; had my floors refinished; repaired and repainted the drywall damage done by removing all my baseboards and having them refinished; changed the oil and filters on my boat; spent long weekends boating in Olympia and the San Juans; and on and on. It's a tough life, but someone's got to live it.

Today I'm leaving for a week of sailboat racing on Whidbey Island, so I probably won't post again until I get back. So have patience. I'll be back.

No comments: