Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Another gorgeous day, another great hike! This time was to the imaginatively named Lake No. 22, not too far from Granite Falls. We were going to go up Mt. Pilchuk, but the access road was closed due to a missing hiker on the mountain. So we went down the road a little further to this little gem of a hike. The area hadn't been totally logged out, so there were some old-growth trees on the way up to the lake. Along with multiple waterfalls and a lovely lake at the end, it was a great way to spend a Sunday. Even the dip in the lake was refreshing. No really. The water was cold, but not ridiculously so. And you'll note that the picture is of only my head. Megan took a few more shots with my body exposed, and Holy Cow! I didn't realize I was getting so fat. Oh well. I guess it's not too bad if I can still drag my butt up these mountain trails without killing myself.


No comments: