Friday, October 16, 2009

Hot Yoga

Imagine contorting yourself into unnatural positions for an hour and a half in a sauna. Imagine so much sweat pouring off you that you can hardly see. Or imagine the toxins fleeing your body and your muscles loosening in ways you never thought possible, all the while reaching a mental state approaching Nirvana. Which reality is it?

Daughter Caroline is becoming a member of the cult, and she convinced me to give it a try. What was the result?

I expected it to be a totally miserable experience somewhat akin to the 6th circle of Dante's hell. Or maybe the inner circle of the 7th. I expected it to be a form of torture to which no normal person would voluntarily submit.

My expectations were met, and I'm currently trying to arrange an intervention for Caroline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should give it a 2nd chance!