Monday, April 19, 2010

Cortisone Update

I'm not sure if the full verdict on my cortisone shot is in yet, but I'll give you an update on my impressions so far. I got the shot on Wednesday afternoon, and by Thursday evening, for the first time in months, had absolutely no pain. I was tempted to go play racquetball. Instead, I cut back on the Diclofen (a prescription NSAID) I've been taking for months to see what effect that would have. On Friday afternoon, I walked the three miles around Green Lake. By the time I finished, I still felt pretty good even though a little pain had reappeared. So I took a Diclofen that night, and the next morning, and the next, and today I'm still trying to get back to the pain-free state I was in on Thursday.

Right now, I'm certainly in no worse shape than I was before the cortisone shot, but I'm not convinced I'm much better off.

No comments: