Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Die Hütte im Wald

I've been trying to come up with a snappy new phrase to describe my cabin the woods, but so far haven't come up with much. Given the Bavarian/Swiss/bratwurst architectural style in Leavenworth, a Germanish name would be appropriate. Die Hütte im Wald kinda works, but it's not really any better than The Cabin in the Woods. A Plaut Dietsch version would be something like Kjleene Kot enn Woolt. I guess I know the perfect name when I hear it.

In any case, I'm headed up there for a few days to work on a few projects. I bought a great table for $40 from Goodwill to replace the crappy little table that came with the place. It can sit eight comfortably (as soon as I find some chairs), and will be great for eating and drinking and games and just generally hanging out after a long day on the water or in the woods. The table is a bit beat up (what do you expect for $40?), but if I sand the hell out of it and slap on a couple of coats of something, it should be just fine. I also want to rearrange my TV and stereo and build a gate on the deck so I don't have to keep an eagle-eye on young Farley every time he wanders out on to the deck. It should be fun and keep me out of trouble for a while.

I haven't got internet up there yet, so I'll be cyber-silent till the weekend.

No comments: