Friday, April 13, 2007

A Day Late and a Dollar Short










Here we are in the Mission District in San Francisco, having a beer in the sunshine, and writing a blog for the first time since the trip began. I meant to write the first night, but we only made it as far as Portland. I meant to blog the second night, but the wireless connection I had in Ashland was slower than the Pony Express. So here I am, with a decent connection.


We had a long cold and wet ride to Portland....7-1/2 hours!!! Hal had issues with his bike that took some time, blood (see photo in a Home Depot parking lot in Tacoma), and $129 for a new coil to resolve. Yesterday, we rode to Ashland, arriving in time for fabulous blue skies after a day in the rain. Today's ride was great. A bit cold in the morning, but once the sun burned off the frost, the layers of clothing came off pretty quickly.
I've just uploaded some pictures, and some of them got posted twice because they didn't look like they got posted the first time. Does Microsoft (grrrr!) write the code for Blogspot, or is there a conspiracy to make the unwashed multitudes (of which I am a proud card-carrying member) feel like fools whenever they try and do something on the computer? One picture is at mile zero, another couple of Hal, and me by what looks like a miniature Abe Linclon in Ashland.
Sometime soon, I hope to be able to spend some quality time on the computer trying to figure out how to do what I want to do, but right now, I want to have a beer or two and enjoy the company of John and Megan, our San Francisco host. So for now, you'll just have to live with double pictures.

No comments: