Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tom's Place



The layers of clothes came off quickly as we headed into the heat of the desert. The ride was a bit windy, but otherwise uneventful. Tom's got a lovely place here with beautiful views.
Hal and I took the opportunity to remove at least some of the 1800 miles of accumulated road grime. I figured I'd better get a picture of my bike just to prove that it was at least once relatively clean.
We'll likely change our itinerary a bit and spend some time in Houston rather than Austin. Ben, our New Orleans friend and host, is on his way to Houston right now to have an operation that he thought he could put off until after the Jazz Fest. With any luck, he'll be in reasonable shape for at least the second weekend of the festival. We can only hope.

1 comment:

rita said...

OK...I can smell trouble brewing..clean bikes..bodies..sun in the fun...I am totally jealous..but the sun has just come out here..going to pull a few weeds and then going to head down to Shilshore for a hopefully fun Wed. afternoon race on the water...Saturday is our big race though..time limit 12 hours..around some island I never heard of..protection island??

Anyways you boys have lots of fun..want to see more pictures!! Esp. of that bar that Tom talks about..the one with hay on the floor...