Monday, November 26, 2007

Hooray for the Roughriders!!!

No, not Teddy Roosevelt's Roughriders, not the Ottawa Roughriders, but the one and only Saskatchewan Roughriders. And yes, for those of you who don't know, I was born and raised in Saskatchewan, so my pride is that of a native son. The Saskatchewan Roughriders won the Grey Cup yesterday, beating the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 23-19. And also for those of you who don't know, the Grey Cup is Canada's version of the Superbowl.

Speaking of Canada, I just got back from there after delivering Mom and Marian to the Abbotsford airport for their flight back home to Edmonton. We had a very enjoyable weekend of eating, drinking, more eating, socializing, more eating, and catching up with the family. On Friday, we had my world-famous ribs at my place, on Saturday we had turkey at Caroline's, and on Sunday, Megan and Chris hosted us for Thanksgiving tacos. Who knows, maybe they've started a new tradition!


Here's Caroline and Chris enjoying their tacos, and Mom relaxing after the meal.

Megan and Marina and then Chris, Megan and Olive(r), their cross between a rabbit and a squirrel, more commonly known as a chinchilla.

Jenn and Ryan came over with Elise who enjoyed a moment with my Mom. Mom is obviously enjoying herself as well.
I don't have any travel plans until January, so I should be spending most of the next couple of months around here. I haven't decided yet where and with whom I'll spend Christmas. I may end up heading up to Canada to be with the family, but then again I may stick around here. I'm open to offers. Please write your ideas on the back of a $20 bill and send them to me. Multiple entries are encouraged. (My apologies to Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers)



No comments: