Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good news, bad news

The good news is that I got the long awaited notice from US Citizenship and Immigration Services asking me to report on January 14th for my interview and citizenship test. The bad news is that I plan on being on a sailboat in the Caribbean at that time. The instructions said that if I couldn't make the interview, I should send them the notice and a letter explaining why I couldn't make it. The other side of the notice said I should call them, so I tried. After multiple levels of menus, I wasn't able to get through to a warm live body, so I thought that I'd go to the office in person and try and plead my case. But to no avail. I didn't get past the security guard at the entrance, who informed me that I had to send them a letter. So I did. But now that I've lost my place in the queue, I might have to wait until 2010 to get my interview. Oh well. I guess we'll see.

In other news, one of the things I forgot to mention in my last posting was that at Megan's suggestion, we all went to see the Nutcracker on Saturday night. I had never been to a ballet before, and neither had my Mom. It was a lot of fun, and no, I didn't fall asleep. I couldn't. I had Megan on one side, and Caroline on the other making sure I didn't.

No comments: