Monday, December 17, 2007

Keg for a Six-Pack

Well, I took a leap today and did something I've been thinking about and talking about for months. I've felt like a slug for quite some time, and it's not because I'm at an all time high in weight or anything like that. I'm just not getting enough exercise. Since I dropped out of university a couple of years ago, I haven't been riding my bike much, and since Angus died, I haven't even walked as much as I used to. I have do something before my muscles atrophy totally.

So today, I went to the Olympic Health Club, signed up for a year, and paid for 10 sessions with a Personal Trainer. I know myself well enough to know that I don't have the self-discipline to do it on my own, but if I've paid the money, and have the appointments made, I'll keep them. The Olympic Club is a pretty good facility in Ballard, with all the weights and machines, as well as a swimming pool and racquetball courts. My plan is to work out a couple of times a week with the Personal Trainer, play in a racquetball league, and go swimming once in awhile. And the club is within bicycling distance, so if it's not raining, I'll take my bike.

So my plan is to trade the current keg I have around my middle for a set of sixpack abs. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: