Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ordinary Wednesday

Super Duper Tuesday was a bit disappointing to me in that I had hoped that the Obama surge would be more apparent. If you look at the polls from a couple of weeks ago when Hillary was leading in almost all the states, he really did close that 15-20 point gap yesterday, but I wish he could have won a couple of big states, like California. With all the polls trending up in his favor, it appears that if he had another few days of campaigning, he would have won far more states. Right now, the delegate count (not including super-delegates) is about even at around 700 each, with 2,025 needed to clinch the nomination.

No matter what your politics, you have to admire the sheer endurance of the candidates. These people have been going non-stop for months. The pursuit of political power must be one hell of a drug!

The Washington State caucuses are being held this Saturday, along with primaries in Louisiana and Nebraska. I'll keep my eyes and ears open to see if Obama shows up here. I wouldn't cross the street to see most politicians, but I'd stand in line for hours in the rain to go to one of his rallies.

No comments: