Monday, February 1, 2010

Haiti and Racquetball Update

Here are some of the Haiti-bound crutches that Megan and I helped to collect. A doctor friend of a friend of hers went to Haiti yesterday and put out the call for crutches to take with him. With all the broken bones there, I'm sure they'll be put to good use.

But no, I was too selfish to send the Ray Wylie Hubbard and Eliza Gilkyson autographed crutches I used on my Broken Ankle Tour of 2006. I went to the local Goodwill store instead and bought several pairs. I figure I should get double gold stars in heaven for helping devastated folk in Haiti by helping out the poor in Seattle. But even if no one is keeping track, it was the least I could do.

And alas, I am not the champion of the Intermediate Plus Racquetball league at the Olympic Athletic Club. I am number two, so I guess I'll just have to try harder next time. I wasn't very pleased with the way I played tonight. My serve was working reasonably well, but I made way too many unforced errors. Final scores were 15-13 and 15-11, so at least I didn't embarrass myself.

No comments: