Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Books This Stuff?

Jeez, who books this stuff? Or maybe it should be spelled geez, with a hard "g" for the geezers, aka, the Who, who played for the Super Bowl XLIV halftime show. I used to love Teenage Wasteland, but somehow it doesn't ring true when played by millionaire geezers forty years after their best-before date.

I looked up the halftime shows here (isn't Wikipedia great?) to get the list of entertainers at Super Bowls past. I'm guessing The Who were booked by the same people who booked Paul McCartney (Super Bowl XXXIX), The Rolling Stones (SB XL), Tom Petty (SB XLII).

Isn't this like booking Guy Lombardo for Super Bowl I or Rudy Vallee for SB II? They were at the top of the charts in 1930.


Ps. In spite of my tendency to call the spectacle the Stupid Bowl, I watched about half the game, saw some of the best plays, and the right team won!

No comments: