Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eddie

Well, I've given up my loveable, but somewhat psychotic, Schnauzer Eddie. I'm taking him back to his foster mom tomorrow morning. I think I was prepared to deal with a problem dog by giving him a good home and some training, but I wasn't prepared to deal with a dog who bit four people in three weeks. He's going to need a lot more time, training and effort than I can give him.

I'm going to drop him off in Blaine on my way to Vancouver, BC. I'll try and get to Vancouver as early as I can to stand in line to apply for a new passport in person. I'm told by the Canadian Consulate here in Seattle that the Vancouver office can process an application in ten working days if I apply in person. I'm just afraid that after all the bureaucratic BS, I'll stand in line for six hours and, in spite of the consulate's assurances, the office will tell me I'm at the wrong place or that an ex-pat can't apply in person, or some other nonsense. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

rita said...

I am so sorry to hear about Eddie's exit...however..4 bites is never a good thing...

Good luck in Vancouver with the passport issues...