Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Other News

I put my condo in Whistler on the market last week, and got my first offer this week. This morning I counter-offered the low-ball offer. I priced the condo to sell, and there are a couple more interested parties looking at it this week. Assuming it does sell, I think I'll look at getting a cottage in the Lake Wenatchee area between Leavenworth and Steven's Pass. The area is close enough to Steven's Pass for downhill skiing, and there is lots of cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the area. As much as I hate the sound and stink of snowmobiles, it might be fun to have one of the newer, cleaner, four-stroke ones. I think I'd make better use of the place, and I wouldn't have the hassles of rental management companies and Canadian taxes.

I've also had people looking at my boat in the last few days, and apparently there are more to come. I'm not so optimistic about selling my boat quickly (it's been on the market since last fall), but if it does sell, I'm sticking with my plan of buying a new Hanse 400 sailboat. In the meantime, I'll continue to use and enjoy WaveGuide rather than letting her sit at the dock looking pretty.

My New Orleans friend Ben is finally out of the hospital after spending most of the last couple of months in the hands of the medical-industrial establishment. He's not out of the woods yet, but things are looking a lot better.

As for my blogging the Bible series, I will continue through the end of Matthew at least. I knew the Bible was boring, contradictory, and just plain nonsense at times, but I didn't really expect slogging through it would be such a pain. The first couple of entries were OK, but the third one isn't taking shape quite so easily. If I get over the hump by the end of Matthew, I'll continue, but I'm only doing it for the fun and intellectual exercise. If it's not fun or interesting anymore, I'll do something else.

No comments: