Saturday, June 2, 2007

Eddie's Here!!


I picked up Eddie in Blaine this morning. My first impression of him wasn't all that good, as he barked and lunged at me when I walked into the house of his foster mother Debbie. But I soon got into his good graces by first ignoring him and then giving him some beef jerky when he calmed down. He was somewhat bewildered on the drive home, but was fine otherwise. When we got home, I took him on what is the first of many walks around Fremont. He's fine on the leash (no worse than Angus), and didn't cause any trouble with other dogs or other people. Here in the condo, he's fine, except when I move around. Then he does his best to stay out of my way. Megan came over, and after a bit of a barking fuss, he warmed up to her almost right away. So any of you women out there who have been looking for an excuse to come over, come on over and visit me and my dog. We'll both enjoy the company.

I think he'll be fine. Next week, I'll enroll him in some dog training classes of some kind and try get him to trust me (and listen to me) more.

No comments: