Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Caroline!

Well, actually her birthday was yesterday, but I don't feel guilty in being a day late with her birthday greetings on this blog. Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of the day preparing my world-famous ribs (one of her birthday requests), and then late yesterday afternoon, we went through the locks on WaveGuide, picked up a bunch more of her friends on Lake Union, and then had a birthday bash on board tied to a mooring ball near the Aboretum. A good time was had by all!

Here's Caroline tending a line as we go through the big locks. Going through the locks was more of a pain than normal. It took an hour and a half to get in to the Ship Canal and then another hour to get back out to the Sound. Apparently the Big Lock is shutting down for repairs for a few days, and commercial traffic is way up in anticipation of the shutdown.


Here are Megan's wounds from Eddie, and speaking of chewing on things, there are my ribs on the grill.
We didn't get back until late last night and I didn't clean up the boat. So I guess I better get going and wash the rib juices off my deck before they become a permanent feature on the boat.

No comments: