Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Zambia Revisted and Farley

I revisited Zambia today by giving four slide shows and lectures as an introduction to sub Saharan Africa for Caroline's African studies unit. It had been a while since I looked at the photos and re-lived the trip from four years ago. Holy Cow! Has it really been that long ago?? In any case, giving the slide show brought back a lot of fond memories. I really wanted to go dressed up as an African explorer, complete with safari clothes and a pith helmet. Finding the clothes was no problem, but finding a pith helmet in Seattle was impossible. You might say that Seattle is pith-poor!

And now.... some breaking news.... Farley the Whoodle will soon be joining the Friesen household!



Can you pick him out of the lineup?


Well neither can I, but here he is in all his glory!

I'll be leaving dark and early tomorrow AM to drive to Edmonton, and then on to Saskatoon to pick him up. I'll be taking my Mom to Saskatoon with me. We'll stay for a couple of days; visit some long-lost (to me) relatives; pick up Farley, and buy some of my favorite Mennonite sausage before heading back to Edmonton on Saturday. If the roads are good and all goes according to plan, I should be back here in Seattle with my wiggly bundle of joy late Sunday night.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It can't have been four years ago Uncle Wal, I've only been here for three & a half*grin*
Looking forward to a return visit...after you've hiked Kilimanjaro that is! Enjoy the farmers' sausage...mmmm.

rita said...

Can't wait to meet Farley! Good adventure on your trip..good thing that spring is in the air...and see if you can smuggle some of those sausages into the states for us to try!