Saturday, March 29, 2008

WaveGuide

As many of you know, I've had WaveGuide up for sale for the last year and a half. As of yesterday, it appears that I have a buyer!! I have a deal, subject to a survey (inspection) of the boat that is supposed to be done (at the buyer's expense) in the next 21 days. The boat has been for sale for so long that I had long since given up on selling it and buying a sailboat as I've planned to do for the last couple of years. So now I'm sailboat shopping, and what great fun it is! Of course I won't buy anything until I actually have the cash in the bank, and it's always possible that the deal will fall through, but it's all pretty exciting nonetheless.

I had been planning on buying a brand new 40' Hanse, but given the market conditions, and given the value of the dollar (the Hanse is made in Germany), I think I'll try and buy (steal) a relatively new boat from some over-extended owner caught up in the sub-prime crisis:) I got beat up a bit on the price of my boat, so I'll be glad to return the favor to the guy I buy my next boat from.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

rita said...

Hey maybe we can go boat shopping together at times...would love to find a lesser priced gem myself...Rita