Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hockey

As a proud Canadian, I've been remiss in my patriotic duty in not even knowing which teams are in the Stanley Cup Finals, or even knowing when the final series starts. Well, imagine my surprise while channel surfing yesterday and coming across the start of the first game of the series between the Ottawa Senators and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. In high definition no less! I watched the first period and the final period, and it was actually pretty good hockey. Anaheim won 3-2, scoring the winning goal with only a few minutes left in the game. Now that I know that the series is on, I might even watch a few more games. For those of you on American cable systems, the games are shown on the Versus network, channels 34 and 665 (HD) on Comcast in Seattle.

I spent a good chunk of an absolutely glorious day touching up the exterior woodwork on my boat. I'll finish it up tomorrow and then try waxing the hull. There's a lot of real estate on the boat, and I suspect it will take me a couple of days to get it done, but I'll give it a try. If all else fails, I can pay someone $600 to do it for me. Assuming my handiwork turns out OK, my next post may include photos.

A few updates....
  • My no smoking plan is going pretty well. No tobacco at all for over two weeks now, and no voices from god (or whoever the jerk was a year ago) commanding me to buy a pack of smokes.
  • I talked briefly with Hal last night. He made it to LA without any more motorcycle maintenance issues. He's going to stay with his Mom for a few days, and probably won't be back in Seattle for another 8-10 days.
  • My Mom is in hospital, and doing quite well after surgery to remove the colostomy she's been living with for the last six months. Let's all hope that this is the end of medical procedures for the old girl. She's had more than her fair share in the last couple of years.

2 comments:

Albrecht Family said...

Good to read the Stanley Cup update Uncle Walter ... I too have been a poor excuse for a Canadian not even knowing who was in the final series. Let's hope Ottawa wins!!

rita said...

Well to the Albrecht family...I'm not sure that I realised at the beginning of Walter's new post...that it was about hockey...so don't worry so much about who is in the final series!!!

Go Walter!! No smoking! Only past smokers know how tough it can be...

I can relate to the 'home renovation' thing...I am going CRAZEY with repairs...

But my mantra continues...IT WILL ALL WORK OUT...AND BE GREAT ...SOMEDAY!!!!

Looking forward to that someday...

Rita