Thursday, May 10, 2007

No more friends

After spending one night with Gregg Orr (an old friend and former co-worker) and his family in St. Louis, and a night with the Giroux's (neighbors from our days in O'Fallon, MO) in Columbia, I'm off into the western wilderness with no friends to mooch a dinner and bed from until I get to Seattle.

I'm going to head north of Kansas City and then turn left into Nebraska, where I've heard there is an interesting ride through sand dunes in the northwestern part of the state. That will dump me into Wyoming, where I'll head to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. I might actually spend a couple of days exploring up there before going into Idaho and then home.

I expect to be back in Seattle sometime on Monday, but that could slip a day or two, depending on how good a time I'm having and what the weather is like.

1 comment:

rita said...

I hope that you are 'slipping a day or two' and are experiencing some great adventures in the midwest. It's beautiful country for sure...been through several times..including passing through the Sturgis cycle rally..I've never seen that many motorcycles gathered...reminded me of ants on an anthole...milling all around...

Still have some plants that you might be interested in...still working hard on home improvements..tedious at best..but making great headway..should be on the market early June...

Godspeed on the road...Rita