Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ASUS EEEPC

Here I am, updating my blog on my newest toy. It's the baby computer on the left. It has an 8G flash drive instead of the more usual hard drive, so it doesn't have the memory capacity to be my main computer, but it's small and light and will be great to use on my travels. It has built-in Wi-Fi and built-in Skype, so I'll be able to use it for emails, blog updates, and phone calls anywhere I can find an internet connection. It's also very user-friendly. I sent my first email 5 minutes after I got it out of the box, and not long after, I made my first phone call. Way cool! And all for only $500! The operating system is Linux, but because I want to install a couple of programs that run only on Windows, and even though I'm not a fan of the evil Microsoft, I'll install a slimmed-down version of Windows XP.

In other news, I took WaveGuide out with the prospective buyer yesterday, and it went well. I put many hours into cleaning her up, and she looked pretty good. The comments of the prospective buyer were favorable, so I'm hoping to have a survey scheduled and close this deal soon. The buyer can still back out anytime for any reason, so I won't be counting any chickens until some actually hatch. I hope to know more later today.

And in yet more news, I weighed myself this morning, and my weight is at a 30 year low! I weighed 205 pounds when I got married in 1977. This morning, I weighed 204!!! This is a great incentive to continue working out, eating less, and keeping my consumption of beer and wine within reason.

No comments: