Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hillary and XP

After watching some of last night's dismal Pennsylvania results, I needed something else to occupy my mind, so I tried to replace the Linux OS with Windows XP on my baby laptop. As usual when I mess with computers, I had three hours of frustration before finally giving up sometime after midnight. But at least I wasn't thinking of that smug cackling bobbing-head bitch Hillary. (The next time you see her on TV, if you can stand it, watch her bob her head after giving what she thinks is a particularly good line.) So I went at it again this morning, and after several hours of slow progress, I have it installed, and it works! Now that I've done it several times and made all the mistakes that could be made, I could probably do the install in an hour or two rather than the 6-8 it took me.

I'm not sure what it is about Obama that he can't seem to close the deal. I think he's too nice a guy,and is genuinely trying to avoid the politics of personal destruction. He could demolish Hillary if her really wanted to, but unlike her, he wants to also preserve a sense of decency and not destroy the Democratic Party. And I think there is a fair bit of racism and black fear in the old white women and working class men who are the strongest Hillary supporters.

Obama will kick Hillary's fat ass (how sexist is that!!) in North Caroline and will come close in Indiana. Maybe an upset in Indiana will seal the deal for him. But that's what I hoped would happen in PA.

Oh well. Another two weeks at least.

No comments: