Sunday, January 13, 2008

Alberta Madness

Sometimes I get so caught up in the madness of American politics, I neglect my godless-faggot-loving-commie-pinko-politically-correct brethern to the north. When I do mention them, it's usually in a positive way. In spite of all their flaws, their politics are usually kinder and gentler than American politics, and as a consequence, are much more boring. So when something totally outrageous happens in my adopted home province of Alberta, I can get steamed, even if I'm a thousand miles away. Check out this link http://www.ezralevant.com/

Ezra Levant is the former editor of Western Report, a decidedly conservative magazine that used to be published in Western Canada. Two years ago, much to their credit, they reprinted the infamous Danish Muslim cartoons. Two days ago, Mr. Levant was hauled before the Alberta Human Rights Commission because the publication of those cartoons offended some in the Moslem community. The guy should be getting a medal, and he's hauled up in front of a kangaroo court for an interrogation! Come on Alberta, get serious!

But on to more more fun stuff!


I did indeed go sailing today, and it was indeed a gorgeous day! It was one of those days that's worth at least 20 of the typical crappy, wet, gloomy, cloudy days that are more the norm for winter around here. And yes we were in a race, and yes, as indicated in the picture, there were a whole bunch of boats in front of us. There were fewer behind us, but there were some, so we didn't come in last. A good time was had by all!

No comments: