Saturday, January 26, 2008

Little Si

Living here in the greatest place on god's green earth, the Pacific Northwest, we are surrounded by mountains and water. I've spent a lot of time on the water, but not much time in the mountains. Until now. Today, Caroline, Fred (aka, Lee Stenson), and I did the first of what I hope are many hikes and climbs. Here we are at the top of the Little Si trail. I think that's the real Mount Si in the background. The Little Si trail is a good starter trail. It's about 5 miles long, with a pretty decent grade, but it's not a ball-buster. I was pleased in that my old body didn't seem to mind too much. I had more than enough lung power, and my knees and ankles didn't protest too loudly. There are literally hundreds of this kind of trail in Washington. I'm ready for the next one!

As of this writing, the actual numbers aren't in yet, but it looks like Barack has routed Hillary in South Carolina. Yippeeee!!!! It looks like he swept the black vote and did respectably well with the whites. I just wish that Edwards would drop out so that we could get a real picture of where Barack stands. I suspect that Edwards gets a significant chunk of the ABC (Anybody But Clinton) vote, and that in the end Barack can get a plurality of whites as well. Democratic voters have to realize two things. One is that Barack is a leader, and that at best, Clinton is a manager. Right now, I think that the USA needs a leader far more than a manager. The other thing is that at least half the people in the country hate Hillary, and that if she is nominated, McCain will win.

No comments: