Monday, January 28, 2008

It's starting to pay off

I've been working out for about six weeks now, having had a dozen sessions with Cliff the Personal Trainer. I've had a couple of 90-minute aerobic/weight training/core strength group sessions. I've played racquetball twice, and will play again tomorrow. I've been walking a lot. I haven't had a drink in three weeks, and I haven't smoked (anything) in a month. So even though I just about puked and passed out in my aerobic/weight training/core strength group session today, I feel great! My knees and ankles are more flexible than they've been in years, and even with all the hiking and walking I've done in the last few days, I have virtually no stiffness or pain. And after having my weight go up a bit when I first started working out, I've now lost at least five pounds, and a bunch of inches. I'll keep this up until I go to Bucharest and Budapest, and assuming that I survive the attacks by the wild dogs and/or Mafia in Bucharest, I'll try and keep it up on my own when I get back.

This is all good. At least while the world goes to hell in hand basket (unless Obama is elected and saves us all), I'll be fit and trim.

No comments: