Monday, May 5, 2008

Jazz Fest in Philly

As I'd hoped, a good time was had by all at the Jazz Fest in Philly.

I'll apologize ahead of time for the seemingly random order of photos. For any of those of you who've used Blogger, you know that posting and placing photos can be a pain. In any case, I managed to post the photos I wanted, but not necessarily in an order that makes sense.

Here's a shot of Ben, Kara, and me on the couch. This one was taken immediately after Kara assumed a more lady-like pose than the first shot taken. She's forever in my debt for me not posting the first one!

Don't tell Farley, but I also got my dog-fix there with Buckley and Panda. They seem to have made the transition from New Orleans to Philadelphia without too much trouble.







Speaking of Farley, I couldn't resist checking out this bookstore in New Hope, PA. I bought him a book, The Dangerous Book for Dogs, by Rex and Sparky. It has valuable chapters in it like "How to Pick a Pill out of Peanut Butter," "Escaping Fenced in Areas," and the invaluable "How to Mount a Bitch."





New Hope had an excess of manikins, yearning to breath free.











This is Monday night's dinner, a traditional New Orleans shrimp boil. Since I had pigged out so badly the night before, and was still feeling some of the ill effects, I had to take it easy. That was too bad, because the shrimp, potatoes, corn, artichokes and garlic were truly wonderful!








Here's Hal expounding on some important subject of the day.













Here's Ben and Kara checking out the chicken and ribs for Sunday night's dinner. As expected, I ate and drank way to excess, but it was great fun until the next morning.







Thanks to Ben and Kara, and to Laura and Jim (Ben's parents) for their hospitality.












No comments: