Monday, May 19, 2008

The Modern Traveler

In preparation for my Croatian sailing adventure, I've been putting stuff aside that I don't want to forget. Here's my stack of essential electronic goodies. They include my baby laptop (with assorted memory sticks), my camera, a marine VHF handheld radio, an IPod, an FM adapter (to play the IPod through an FM radio), a cellphone, a European plug to American wall plug adapter, and a 12VDC/110VAC 100W inverter. And don't forget all the assorted battery chargers and connecting cables. You'd almost think that some bright person would come up with a family of electronics that all used the same batteries and the same charger. Kinda like the battery-operated power tool sets you see at Home Depot.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to get another bag to carry all this stuff.

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

Skipper Walter,
I could not pass by this picture of all your electrons you travelled with to Croatia. Your soul-mate Mikie Sinclair had just about the same array when we travelled to BVI a few years ago. Would not recognize either of you without them, AND I for one of several was delighted you had it all with you.
Crew Marie