Friday, May 9, 2008

The White Trash Coalition?

Hillary never ceases to amaze me. What she said yesterday would be described as blatantly racist if anyone else, particularly a Republican, said it. Here's one report of what she said,

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

The interview was recorded. I heard it. This was no slip of the tongue. She was choosing her words very carefully. She may as well have said, "I've got trailer park trash in my corner and they'll never vote for a black man, so vote for me."

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have latte-drinking elitists, young people, and blacks choosing the next Democratic candidate than trailer-park trash and old bitter white women.

And, for your entertainment, here's a great You Tube about the end of Hillary's campaign.

No comments: